Decided to add Lash Lift to your menu? Here are step by step instructions on how to do a lash lift.
WARNING – For professional beauty therapists and lash technicians only.
1. Cleanse the lashes.
2. Cover the lower lashes with eye patches as you do with eyelash extensions.
3. Apply shields.
- Apply glue to the underside of the shields. You may need to trim the shields of the ends if they are too big.
- Place the shields to the eyelid as close the lash line as possible.
4. Attach the lashes to the shields. You may need to do a section at a time so the glue doesn’t dry out.
- Apply the glue to a section of the outside of the shield, for example the inner eye.
- Using a micro brush wipe the lashes up from the base of the lash to the lash tip up the shield as straight as possible. Any lashes that cross over or are placed clumped together will set that way so make sure they are straight and evenly spaced (unless you are after a certain style)
- Make sure they are all stuck down. Have as little gap as possible between the base of the lash and the shield.
5. Apply the perming lotion (PINK).
- Apply from the base to the mid section of the lashes. If you apply it over the entire lashes they will become unstuck and the perm won’t set. This is very important. Apply as close the base as possible for the best lift.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the lashes are.
- Clean with dry cotton bud. Take care not to wipe over the tips of the lashes in case they become unstuck.
6. Apply the setting lotion (BLUE).
- Apply the blue fixing lotion in exactly the same way as perming lotion.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Clean with dry cotton bud.
7. Apply tint if the client is also getting a lash tint (recommended for fairer lashes). Otherwise skip this step.
- Lift eye patch and place under lower lashes.
- Apply tint on top lashes and as much as possible on bottom though it will be a bit more difficult. You shouldn’t keep the tint longer then 3-4 minutes, as it activates a lot quicker after the perming lotions.
- Clean tint off with dry cotton bud.
8. Apply Nourishing Oil with cotton bud.
- Leave on for 5 minutes
- Wipe excess away
- The lashes should be easily unattached from the shield now (Can use toothpick) If there is still a lot tint left on lashes, clean them with damp cotton bud.
- It will take approximately 45 minutes for this service without a tint and 1 hour including a tint.
- It is recommended clients return every 4 to 6 weeks for a following booking depending on the length or their lashes and lash cycle.
- Sachets contain enough lotion for multiple applications but must be discarded after 48 hours once opened. Keep in a sealed container to prevent drying.