Do you know you can claim meals if you work overtime? Protective footwear? Your work bag? Whether you work for a company, you are the director of a company or you work as a sole trader, there are items you can claim a tax deduction* for as a beauty therapist or lash technician against your personal income.
- Footwear and repair of, protective clothing, laundering of uniforms
- Travel expenses, including using your own car, except for coming and going to your principal place of work
- Home office expenses
- Attending expos and competitions as a participant or visitor
- Communications; phone and internet
- Equipment, repairs, work bags
- Training, books, magazines, subscriptions, memberships
- Meals if you work overtime
- Beauty research
*This article does not replace the advice of a certified professional accountant.